Always another level, the virtual course was far more interactive than I expected. I have been on a number of Salvus courses, this is the first and not the last virtual one, I hope
All at the Club were impressed with his professional attitude, his knowledge , expertise and his ability to explain things in plain English rather than technical expressions.
We are tremendously grateful for your support which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
Cheers Andrew, thanks for the course and a fantastic presentation, was a real pleasure spending a week in a virtual classroom with you and our colleagues.
good practical advice – would recommend to othersSouthwark Training Centre June 2014
” I thought the course and trainer were really excellent, no complaints what so ever for the delivery of the training and the virtual adaptation was really good”.
” Great course, thank you very much for providing the training. Very informative and has raised the bar on my site”
‘Intense course made extremely enjoyable with a very practical approach using examples from our industry – thank you for all your help’
” This course should form part of every safety persons qualification, as it sets the standard for an accident/incident investigation. Well laid out & very well presented course”
The best IOSH course I have attended to date
- managers with a responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- those working in facilities management
- those persons wishing to start a career in occupational safety and health
- employee representatives and others
The benefits of gaining the National General Certificate are:
- develop an underpinning knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation and its impact on your organisation
- assist your company’s safety management programme
- assess occupational health and safety workplace hazards and develop control measures
- develop a basis for a future career in occupational safety
Core NGC1 Elements
Management of Health & Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Health and safety management systems – Do
- Health and safety management systems – Check
- Health and safety management systems – Act
Core GC2 Elements
Control of Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
NGC Duration & Examination
The programme is delivered over 10 days and concludes with 2 x 2hr written theoretical papers and a practical return to work workplace safety inspection assignment.
NGC 1 Exemption
If you have successfully completed a NEBOSH NGC1 unit within the last 5 years or have been awarded a Diploma level Safety qualification with NEBOSH within the last 5 years an exemption from taking the NGC1 unit and upon successful completion of GC2 & 3 a ‘full parchment’ will be awarded by NEBOSH.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 02/04/2020Virtual Training programmes are huge hit
- 16/10/2019UK Construction week – construction fire safety
- 10/07/2019IOSH CPD programmes are back – CDM & Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers
- 21/11/2014IFSECGlobal interview our MD Andrew Furness