Please forward my thanks for a very informative and interesting day ..lapped up the wealth of information that was disseminated to us and a much more informed view of the Fire Risk Assessment process.
” Great course, thank you very much for providing the training. Very informative and has raised the bar on my site”
We are tremendously grateful for your support which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
This in company course….. ‘Very useful, thought provoking and a very useful review of our current procedures.’
‘Intense course made extremely enjoyable with a very practical approach using examples from our industry – thank you for all your help’
I must congratulate you on your planning and implementation of this years firework event at Brockwell Park. It was the best organised event from a safety perspective that I have ever seen
” I thought the course and trainer were really excellent, no complaints what so ever for the delivery of the training and the virtual adaptation was really good”.
All at the Club were impressed with his professional attitude, his knowledge , expertise and his ability to explain things in plain English rather than technical expressions.
The planning of the event the creation of a Risk Assessment for the evening were especially appreciated
Cheers Andrew, thanks for the course and a fantastic presentation, was a real pleasure spending a week in a virtual classroom with you and our colleagues.
National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety course is designed for:
- managers with a responsibility for health and safety in construction operations
- those wishing to undertake the role in Co-ordinator (Design and Construction Phases)
- those working in facilities management
- those persons wishing to start a career in occupational health and safety in construction
The benefits of gaining the Construction Certificate are:
- develop an underpinning knowledge of health and safety legislation and its impact on your site / project
- assist your company’s safety management programme
- assess construction site workplace hazards and develop control measures
- develop a basis for a future career in occupational safety
Core NCC Elements
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and control
- Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment – hazards and control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
- Working at height – hazards and control
- Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and control
- Demolition hazards and control
NCC Duration & Examination
The programme is delivered over 10 days and concludes with a written 2hr theoretical paper and a practical return to work site safety inspection assignment.
NGC 1 Exemption
If you have successfully completed a NEBOSH NGC1 unit within the last 5 years or have been awarded a Diploma level Safety qualification within the last 5 years an exemption from taking the NGC1 unit and upon successful completion of NCC1 & 2 a ‘full parchment’ will be awarded by NEBOSH.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 05/11/2020Roles & competencies for Fire Safety for the construction sector launched
- 02/04/2020Virtual Training programmes are huge hit
- 16/10/2019UK Construction week – construction fire safety
- 10/07/2019IOSH CPD programmes are back – CDM & Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers