This in company course….. ‘Very useful, thought provoking and a very useful review of our current procedures.’
‘Excellent course. This has provided me with further skills, knowledge & understanding to allow me to undertake the role of a Senior Accident Investigator’
good practical advice – would recommend to othersSouthwark Training Centre June 2014
Please forward my thanks for a very informative and interesting day ..lapped up the wealth of information that was disseminated to us and a much more informed view of the Fire Risk Assessment process.
The best IOSH course I have attended to date
‘Excellent course’ ‘Very Enlightening’ ‘This excellent course should be rolled out to all in the organisation’
All at the Club were impressed with his professional attitude, his knowledge , expertise and his ability to explain things in plain English rather than technical expressions.
‘Intense course made extremely enjoyable with a very practical approach using examples from our industry – thank you for all your help’
We are tremendously grateful for your support which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
The planning of the event the creation of a Risk Assessment for the evening were especially appreciated
The National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course is designed for:
- managers with a responsibility for fire safety in the workplace
- those working in facilities management
- employee representatives and others
- those persons moving into fire safety advisory roles
- Fire Service Personnel who wish to formalise their existing competencies
The benefits of gaining the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management are:
- develop an underpinning knowledge of fire safety legislation and its impact on your workplace
- assist your company’s fire safety management programme
- assess workplace fire hazards and develop control measures
- develop a basis for a future career in fire and occupational safety
Core FC Elements
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fire and explosions
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Delegates receive a complimentary copy of the ‘Introduction to Fire Safety Management’ written by our MD, Andrew Furness, as part of the course materials.
FC Duration & Examination
The programme is delivered over 5 days and concludes with a written 2hr theoretical paper and a practical return to work Fire Risk Assessment assignment.
NGC 1 Exemption
If you have successfully completed a NEBOSH NGC1 unit within the last 5 years or have been awarded a Diploma level Safety qualification by NEBOSH within the last 5 years an exemption from taking the NGC1 unit and upon successful completion of FC1 & 2 a ‘full parchment’ will be awarded by NEBOSH.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers
- 11/02/2016New Team member for Salvus – Paul Graham CMIOSH, MIFireE
- 08/05/2015Former GBBS staff to recieve Safety Training Certificates
- 21/11/2014Fire Safety in Construction presentation – North & West Yorkshire HSE WWT
- 21/11/2014IFSECGlobal interview our MD Andrew Furness