‘Excellent course. This has provided me with further skills, knowledge & understanding to allow me to undertake the role of a Senior Accident Investigator’
I must congratulate you on your planning and implementation of this years firework event at Brockwell Park. It was the best organised event from a safety perspective that I have ever seen
” This course should form part of every safety persons qualification, as it sets the standard for an accident/incident investigation. Well laid out & very well presented course”
good practical advice – would recommend to othersSouthwark Training Centre June 2014
The planning of the event the creation of a Risk Assessment for the evening were especially appreciated
This in company course….. ‘Very useful, thought provoking and a very useful review of our current procedures.’
All at the Club were impressed with his professional attitude, his knowledge , expertise and his ability to explain things in plain English rather than technical expressions.
‘Intense course made extremely enjoyable with a very practical approach using examples from our industry – thank you for all your help’
‘Excellent course’ ‘Very Enlightening’ ‘This excellent course should be rolled out to all in the organisation’
Please forward my thanks for a very informative and interesting day ..lapped up the wealth of information that was disseminated to us and a much more informed view of the Fire Risk Assessment process.
The National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course is designed for:
- managers with a responsibility for fire safety in the workplace
- those working in facilities management
- employee representatives and others
- those persons moving into fire safety advisory roles
- Fire Service Personnel who wish to formalise their existing competencies
The benefits of gaining the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management are:
- develop an underpinning knowledge of fire safety legislation and its impact on your workplace
- assist your company’s fire safety management programme
- assess workplace fire hazards and develop control measures
- develop a basis for a future career in fire and occupational safety
Core FC Elements
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fire and explosions
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Delegates receive a complimentary copy of the ‘Introduction to Fire Safety Management’ written by our MD, Andrew Furness, as part of the course materials.
FC Duration & Examination
The programme is delivered over 5 days and concludes with a written 2hr theoretical paper and a practical return to work Fire Risk Assessment assignment.
NGC 1 Exemption
If you have successfully completed a NEBOSH NGC1 unit within the last 5 years or have been awarded a Diploma level Safety qualification by NEBOSH within the last 5 years an exemption from taking the NGC1 unit and upon successful completion of FC1 & 2 a ‘full parchment’ will be awarded by NEBOSH.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 10/07/2019IOSH CPD programmes are back – CDM & Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers
- 08/05/2015Former GBBS staff to recieve Safety Training Certificates
- 21/11/2014IFSECGlobal interview our MD Andrew Furness
- 03/11/2014Salvus Fire Training team acheive IFSM ‘Approved Centre Status’