The best IOSH course I have attended to date
I must congratulate you on your planning and implementation of this years firework event at Brockwell Park. It was the best organised event from a safety perspective that I have ever seen
‘Excellent course’ ‘Very Enlightening’ ‘This excellent course should be rolled out to all in the organisation’
‘Excellent course. This has provided me with further skills, knowledge & understanding to allow me to undertake the role of a Senior Accident Investigator’
Please forward my thanks for a very informative and interesting day ..lapped up the wealth of information that was disseminated to us and a much more informed view of the Fire Risk Assessment process.
The planning of the event the creation of a Risk Assessment for the evening were especially appreciated
We are tremendously grateful for your support which contributed to the success of the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
‘Intense course made extremely enjoyable with a very practical approach using examples from our industry – thank you for all your help’
” This course should form part of every safety persons qualification, as it sets the standard for an accident/incident investigation. Well laid out & very well presented course”
good practical advice – would recommend to othersSouthwark Training Centre June 2014
The National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course is designed for:
- managers with a responsibility for fire safety in the workplace
- those working in facilities management
- employee representatives and others
- those persons moving into fire safety advisory roles
- Fire Service Personnel who wish to formalise their existing competencies
The benefits of gaining the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety & Risk Management are:
- develop an underpinning knowledge of fire safety legislation and its impact on your workplace
- assist your company’s fire safety management programme
- assess workplace fire hazards and develop control measures
- develop a basis for a future career in fire and occupational safety
Core FC Elements
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fire and explosions
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Delegates receive a complimentary copy of the ‘Introduction to Fire Safety Management’ written by our MD, Andrew Furness, as part of the course materials.
FC Duration & Examination
The programme is delivered over 5 days and concludes with a written 2hr theoretical paper and a practical return to work Fire Risk Assessment assignment.
NGC 1 Exemption
If you have successfully completed a NEBOSH NGC1 unit within the last 5 years or have been awarded a Diploma level Safety qualification by NEBOSH within the last 5 years an exemption from taking the NGC1 unit and upon successful completion of FC1 & 2 a ‘full parchment’ will be awarded by NEBOSH.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 05/11/2020Roles & competencies for Fire Safety for the construction sector launched
- 02/04/2020Virtual Training programmes are huge hit
- 16/10/2019UK Construction week – construction fire safety
- 10/07/2019IOSH CPD programmes are back – CDM & Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers