I must congratulate you on your planning and implementation of this years firework event at Brockwell Park. It was the best organised event from a safety perspective that I have ever seen
good practical advice – would recommend to othersSouthwark Training Centre June 2014
This in company course….. ‘Very useful, thought provoking and a very useful review of our current procedures.’
” I thought the course and trainer were really excellent, no complaints what so ever for the delivery of the training and the virtual adaptation was really good”.
Cheers Andrew, thanks for the course and a fantastic presentation, was a real pleasure spending a week in a virtual classroom with you and our colleagues.
” Great course, thank you very much for providing the training. Very informative and has raised the bar on my site”
‘Excellent course’ ‘Very Enlightening’ ‘This excellent course should be rolled out to all in the organisation’
All at the Club were impressed with his professional attitude, his knowledge , expertise and his ability to explain things in plain English rather than technical expressions.
” This course should form part of every safety persons qualification, as it sets the standard for an accident/incident investigation. Well laid out & very well presented course”
Always another level, the virtual course was far more interactive than I expected. I have been on a number of Salvus courses, this is the first and not the last virtual one, I hope
Leading Health and Safety at Work
Over many years Salvus has developed a range of programmes aimed at the Senior Executive. With Corporate responsibility high on the agenda in Occupational Health & Safety is but one of the risks the modern day Senior Executive has to manage, if they are to be successful in business and commerce.
The programmes, ‘pending IOSH approval’ that are delivered by the Salvus team are based up formative guidance from the HSE, IOD amongst others with the 1 day programme covering:
- The Principles of Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Leading H&S at Work
- What the law requires
- Senior Executive’s Responsibilities
- Effective Management Systems
- A Competent workforce
A Delegate package including formative guidance is also provided to delegates to assist in on going management, goal setting and delivering H&S at Work.
Safety for Senior Fire Service Executives
For over 20 years Salvus has been delivering it’s Senior Fire Service Executive programmes, initially on behalf of HMI Fire Services, then to the Scottish Office and on to the Brigade Command, Divisional Command, Areas managers programmes on behalf of the Fire Service College.
Over recent years the programmes have also been undertaken ‘ in Brigade’ and tailored to specific Fire & Rescue Services & Fire Authorities, with ‘members’ also attending to obtain an insight into strategic level management of H&S.
The extended programme includes
Module 1 – an overview and introduction to the course programme
Module 2 – Principles of Risk Management
- Risk Management – A Systematic Approach
- Reasons for managing occupational health & safety
- Accident Causation
- Corporate Governance and the requirements for annual reporting
- Risk Management, a Fire Service prospective
Module 3 – Health & Safety Law and the Senior Executive
- Civil & Criminal Liabilities
- Personal Liabilities
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Enforcement and Penalties
- Enforcers, a guide to liaison
Module 4 – Legislation update
- Key legislation that affects the fire service
- The future face of legislation
Module 5 – Management Systems
- The requirements of an effective safety management system
- Strategic implementation
- Integration and culture
Module 6 – Monitoring – a guide continual improvement
- Re-active monitoring; Managing investigations
- Active systems; Auditing systems and standards
Module 7 – Training strategies
- Competency management
- Strategic implementation
- Training the trainer
The programme which is ‘pending IOSH approval’ , includes a wide range of interactive syndicate exercises allowing delegates to assess their strategic decision making, planning and implementation process management skills.
Training Related Blog Articles
- 05/11/2020Roles & competencies for Fire Safety for the construction sector launched
- 02/04/2020Virtual Training programmes are huge hit
- 16/10/2019UK Construction week – construction fire safety
- 10/07/2019IOSH CPD programmes are back – CDM & Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- 06/09/2017MD Andrew Furness presents to IFE memebers